Monday, March 14, 2011

Birthday Balloon Wreath

I made this for my amazing husband's birthday shindig we had at our house{in January... haha I'm a little late I know}. It was super easy, and only took me about an hour to complete. And I think it will be a tradition: every birthday we will hang the Birthday Wreath!!! Now I just gotta' wait until June!!! {for me of course! :) }

use a Straw Wreath with the plastic still on
8-10 packages of balloons depending on wreath size
3 packages of "greening pins" they are a U shape (Greening pins are really hard to find, but after doing this I found some floral pins that looked just like the greening pins. So just look for the U shape)
Of course there are some bottle caps in the picture, because I was eating them while working on this ha!
I just took 3 or 4 balloons and lumped them together, and stuck a pin over them. I tried to make them go different directions, and not too many of the same color together.

Here is how it looked on our door for his birthday. It was in January and -10 degrees outside. So the balloons froze! It was the weirdest thing! That is why they are so shiny... they are frozen!

5 comments:

Tina said...

another great idea - love this and what a fun wreath to use for each birthday. TFS

just became your newest follower maybe you can do the same for me

xo
tina
embellishments by tina

danielle @ take heart said...

so fun! what a great idea!

Marian said...

cute and festive! good idea:)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I just posted a similar wreath on Sugar Bee Crafts too! Here's the link if you want to check mine out! http://craftysix.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-balloon-wreath.html

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute project, and would be fun to get out each time a birthday is celebrated. Your blog is really fun, by the way! I'm so glad I visited.

Post a Comment